Wow, this is going to be delicious. We have a new recipe for you – homemade apple pie cookies! You can enjoy them with some warm vanilla ice cream or even hot choclate. These apple pie filling cookies are awesome and so easy to make!
I love making those Apple Pie cookies every season because they are the best when you have friends or family over – every body just loves them!
Apple pie cookies ingredients
- You need 3 Apples for the cookies. I personally prefer Granny Smith, but you can take whatever is available.
- You have to peel and cut them into 1/4.
- 0.3 Cup of sugar, best is brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple pie spice ( if you cant buy it, its also easy to make yourself)
- Half tablespoon of Cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- You need a box of pie crust (buy or make it easily yourself)
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with some cream)
Apple pie cookies recipe
1. You need to heat your oven to 185 degree and prepare a baking sheet
2. Melt the butter in medium heat in a pan. Mix the sliced apples , apple pie spice, corn starch and the cinnamon together. Cook the apple pie filling for 3-4 minutes, till the sauce begins to thicken and the apples become soft and tender.
3. Unroll the first pie crust and make it larger by half. The first crust needs to be a bit larger then the second, because it will be the top layer. When you make the first slightly bigger, it makes sure you can print through the dough without streching it too thin.
4. Unroll the second crust and beginn to fill it with the apple pie mix. Repeat around the whole crust and make sure you have enough space for the cookies later. You should have 10 fillings in the end.
5. Spread the egg wash around the filling and to the edges. It will work like glue
6. Place the second crust over the first one and press gently down over your single rounds of fillings.
7. Cut around the apple pie fillings to get your single cookies. If you want to you can take a cutter with cute forms, to make them look nicer, but its not necessary.
8. Lift the Apple Pie Cookies from the crust and place them on the baking sheet. Make sure the edges of the cookies are completely sealed. Make sure again through pressing on the edges with a fork.
9. Spread Egg Wash over the Top of the cookies. Will make them delicious and brown and crispy.
10. Bake the Apple Pie Cookies 15-18 minutes at 185 degree – Voila and your done. If you want to be creative you can mix in more ingredients to make apple pie oatmeal cookies. We recommend to start simple though!
As I mentioed the apple cookies go super well with some vanilla ice cream, choclate and of course your loved ones! What do you think about our Apple Pie cookies? Did you try to make them yourselves or even try some apple pie oatmeal cookies?